Sunday, April 13, 2014

THE QUEEN HAS COME TO SAN JOSE, Where Are My Tickets?


THE QUEEN HAS COME TO SAN JOSE, Where Are My Tickets?



On July 2, 2014 at 8:00, Mrs. Carter herself was to grace the stage at the new an improved SAP center in San Jose California. The BeyoncĂ© obsession I have is something not to be taken lightly, and let me tell you, knowing she was coming to town is the greatest thing I had ever heard. Unfortunately, the $250 that were available were slightly out of my price range. 


LETS BACK UP A LITTLE BIT! 
[[[About two weeks before this concert I started an internship at a local, high profile, radio station- 99.7 NOW! The station was hip hop and happening with locally famous DJ's and I was honored to be a part of the pack as a measly intern. Two weeks in, I knew practically nothing about radio, the way it operated, or how the whole shin dig worked. All I really knew about 99.7 was that the main man in charge was a dude named Jazzy J, what a radio name right? Jazzy was the HBIC at the office and to him, I literally was a nobody.]]]


Back to the story.
So on the day of the concert, I was in the city of San Francisco at my internship when the almighty Jazzy J came into the study where the DJ and I were at offering the DJ (Letty B) Beyonce tickets for that night. I gasped. Letty TURNED THEM DOWN because she had a prior commitment, WHO TURNS DOWN BEYONCE?!?!? Having a slight anxiety attack I knew I wanted those tickets. With all of the courage I could summon, I walked down the halls and knocked on Jazzy J's door, which was open. With much hesitation and a quivering lip, this is what followed:

Me: "Hey, Jazzy, so, I know you don't know me but..uhm..I intern here and hum was wondering like, if Letty couldn't hum go maybe I could take those hum tickets for hum Beyonce tonight? Just saying like I am available if no else is and yeah."

Jazzy: (Super casual and calm)(not looking up from keyboard)"Did you want them?"

Me: "Uhm yeah, I could totally take them off your hands yeah I can do that I would love that actually.."

Jazzy: (Still super casual and calm)(Still not looking up from keyboard) "Right your name down on a piece of paper you can pick them up at the 99.7 tent tonight."

Me: "UHM OKAY THANK YOU WOW  THIS IS AWESOME THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS IS GREAT YEAH."

I scampered out of that office and like a kid who just got the toy they had wanted all of their lived and a stupid looking grin that ran ear to ear I barged back into my seat elated about what had just happened. After years of obsessing over the Queen and wanting nothing more in this world than to see her live, I WAS GOING TO SEE BEYONCE.












No comments:

Post a Comment